Garmin Forerunner 45
When you lace up your shoes and get ready to run, make sure you have the right tool for the job. Forerunner 45 is the GPS running watch with all the running-related features you need in a sleek, lightweight smartwatch that you’ll want to wear all day and night.
GPS running watch with Garmin Coach training plan support
- Easy-to-use running watch monitors heart rate at the wrist1 and features GPS to track your pace, distance, intervals and more
- Works with free Garmin Coach adaptive training plans that bring expert, personalised coaching right to your wrist
- Connected features2 include smart notifications for incoming texts and calls, automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect™ online community, live tracking and controls for the music playing on your phone
- Safety and tracking features include incident detection (during select activities) and assistance, which both send your real-time location to emergency contacts2
- Sports apps for running, cycling, indoor track, treadmill, elliptical, cardio, yoga and more
- Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 13 hours in GPS mode
Run your heart out:
This easy-to-use running watch is perfect for daily runs, training sessions and even that upcoming 10K you got talked into. Built-in GPS tracks where you run and gives you accurate stats, including distance, pace and intervals. Its intuitive button interface makes it easy for sweaty hands to mark a lap or pause the timer. Forerunner 45 also monitors heart rate at the wrist, day and night1.
Gear up with Garmin Coach:
Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just getting off the sofa, everyone can use a little bit of guidance. That’s why Forerunner 45 is compatible with Garmin Coach adaptive training plans. These plans feature guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals. It’s a foolproof way to get to the finish line. As part of your training plan, it can even help you predict your race time, and the workouts sync right to your watch.
Stay connected on the run:
Safety and tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts in case you need assistance — manually, or automatically with built-in incident detection2. A variety of connected features keeps you in touch with the rest of the world during and in between runs. Get smart notifications delivered to your wrist for incoming text messages and phone calls. When paired with your compatible smartphone, Forerunner 45 will automatically upload your run data to the Garmin Connect online fitness community. It even has handy controls for the music playing on your phone, so you can skip songs without missing a beat.
There’s more to do:
With a dozen activity profiles available, you’ll always have a way to capture your sweat equity, even when you don’t feel like running. Forerunner 45 can record your efforts during a cycling workout, on the treadmill, indoor track and elliptical — and whilst doing cardio, yoga and more.
On the way to wellness:
The Forerunner 45 GPS running watch offers extensive activity and wellness tracking features. Wear it 24/7 to monitor daily steps, distance, calories burned and even sleep¹. This smartwatch also features all-day stress monitoring for wellness tracking during the day. If your stress level starts to climb, use the relaxation breathing timer for a few minutes of guided breathing, which can help calm your mind and body. To help you optimise your body’s energy, Body Battery™ energy monitoring uses collected data to gauge your energy reserves at any moment, so you can plan your day to optimise times for activity and rest.
Share and compete:
Syncing your activities to Garmin Connect is for more than just storing your data. Garmin Connect is a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete by joining challenges, encourage each other’s successes and even share their triumphs via social media. Garmin Connect is free and available on the web or on your smartphone.
Make a statement:
Express your personality by customising Forerunner 45. It’s compatible with free watch faces from our Connect IQ™ Store. Choose from thousands of watch faces available to download, or create your custom watch face from your own photos.
- Lens material: Chemically strengthened glass
- Strap material: Silicone
- Small: 39.5 x 39.5 x 11.4 mm - Fits wrists with a circumerence of 124-185 mm
- Large: 42 x 42 x 11.4 mm - Fits wrists with a circumference of 129-197 mm
- Display size: 1.04´´ (26.3 mm) diameter
- Display resolution: 208 x 208 pixels
- Display type: Sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Small: 32 g
- Large: 36 g
- Battery life: Smartwatch Mode: Up to 7 days; GPS mode: Up to 13 hours
- Water rating: 5 ATM
- Colour display: Yes
- Memory/history: 200 hours of activity data
- Time/date: Yes
- GPS time sync: Yes
- Automatic daylight saving time: Yes
- Alarm clock: Yes
- Timer: Yes
- Stopwatch: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- GLONASS: Yes
- Galileo: Yes
- Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate monitor: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
Daily smart features:
- Connectivity: Yes
- Connect IQ™ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps): Yes (watch faces only)
- Smart notifications: Yes
- Calendar: Yes
- Weather: Yes
- Controls smartphone music: Yes
- Find my phone: Yes
- Find my watch: Yes
- Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
Safety and tracking features:
- Incident Detection during select activities: Yes (Smartphone required)
- Assistance: Yes (Smartphone required)
- LiveTrack: Yes
Activity tracking features:
- Step counter
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it): Yes
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal): Yes
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep): Yes
- Calories burned: Yes
- Distance travelled: Yes
- Intensity minutes: Yes
- TrueUp™: Yes
- Move IQ™: Yes
- Fitness age: Yes (in app)
- Body Battery™ Energy Monitor: Yes
- All-day stress tracking: Yes
- Available gym activity profiles: Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Yoga may be added through app
Training, planning and analysis features:
- GPS speed and distance: Yes
- Customisable screen(s): Yes
- Auto Pause®: Yes
- Interval training: Yes
- Advanced workouts: Yes
- Downloadable training plans: Yes
- Auto Lap®: Yes
- Manual lap: Yes
- VO2 max: Yes
- Audio prompts: Yes
- Touch and/or button lock: Yes
- Activity history on watch: Yes
- Physio TrueUp: Yes
Heart rate features:
- HR zones: Yes
- HR alerts: Yes
- HR calories: Yes
- HR broadcast (broadcasts HR data over ANT+™ to paired devices): Yes
- Available run profiles: Running, Treadmill Running. Indoor Track Running may be added through app
- GPS-based distance, time and pace: Yes
- Cadence (provides real-time number of steps per minute): Yes
- Run workouts: Yes
- Foot pod capable: Yes
- Available cycling profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking may be added through app
- Time/distance alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goal): Yes
- Speed and cadence sensor support (with sensor): Yes
- Smartphone compatibility: iPhone®, Android™
In the box:
- Forerunner 45
- Charging/data cable
Rather than bombard you with a highly complex system of delivery options, we thought that we would keep things simple, so we offer 4 options:
Ready for collection within 48 hours - you will be notified when colleciton is available
Free Standard Shipping
On all orders over £30.00
2-5 working days
1-2 working days
Guaranteed Next Day before 1pm delivery
3-10 working days
Order and Collect
All orders placed by 3pm should be ready for collection within 24 hours; however please check your emails regularly in case we have contacted you regarding your order; we wouldn’t want you to make the journey to collect if your order wasn’t ready due to one of the exceptions noted in the exceptions section below.
Additional Delivery Instructions
You may tell us of any additional requirements you have with your order or delivery in the “Order Notes” when placing your order, please note that we cannot be held responsible for missing items if special delivery instructions (i.e. “leave in porch”) are requested in the order notes.
If you haven’t received your item within the estimated time slot then please contact us on 02392 698285 or email: email@example.com with your order details and we can track your parcel and find out what’s happened.
All claims for missing items must be made within 28 days of the estimated delivery date.
Order and Collect Terms
If you have placed your order online and have chosen to collect in-store, please ensure you bring a valid form of photographic identification with you (passport, driving license, military or services ID) as well as proof of address (recent utility bill, driving license etc.); for security reasons only the person who is named on the payment method of the order can collect that order in-store.
Please note that we will hold orders for a maximum of 1 month, during which time we will remind you regularly to collect your goods. If your order has not been collected within this time period it will be disposed of and we will be unable to refund any monies paid to us for the order.
Apart from the delivery time exceptions, noted above, we do have a few exceptions where deliveries are either not possible or our customer service team will need to contact you to explain your options before processing and charging for your order; these may result in a slight delay in processing.
Here is a list of examples that may be relevant:
- An item from your order is either found to be faulty or damaged before we dispatch and there is no more stock available in this product – we will contact you to discuss alternatives or confirm a cancellation.
- You are attempting to order from outside the European Union or to a PO Box address.
- Your order value exceeds £600.00 – There are some exceptional purchase variables that may result in us needing to charge a delivery cost; this is only in the event of very heavy orders (i.e. if you were to order very large quantities of energy drink powders); we would contact you before making any charges.
- Your order is flagged by our system as a possible fraudulent order – apologies if this happens; however, the system makes this decision based upon information from banks and other agencies as well as the combination of items ordered; we will contact you to confirm your identity and order before processing such orders. This is for everyone’s security so please don’t be offended.
- Duplicate orders – We will contact you before processing duplicate orders, in case the duplicate was due to an internet connection (or other) problem on your network when you placed the order.
- Your item is not available – We operate a state-of-the-art live stocking system that is accurate to within 5 minutes; unfortunately even this still leaves room for rare stock control errors where your item may be shown as available; when in fact it is out of stock. On the rare occasion that this may occur, we will contact you to discuss further options.
No Hassle Returns
We all change our mind from time to time, some people more than others! So we understand that you may wish to return an item for lots of different reasons; no worries!
Simply return the item in its original condition with a completed returns form (you’ll get one of these with your package or can download one here) to us at the below address and we’ll arrange an exchange or refund as you wish. In the event that the item is not returned in the original or resell-able condition (including packaging), the item will be returned and/or a re-stocking fee will be charged. You will be contacted before any actions are taken.
We’ll process your request the day we receive it, but please allow 2 working days just in case we are extra busy or the postman is delayed! You can do this for refunds anytime within 14 days from the date you received the item, or anytime within 60 days if you would simply like to exchange for another size/colour or similar product.
We completely understand that having the right fit and/or style is crucial to your comfort and performance, that’s why we always recommend that you come in and try before you buy; however if this isn’t possible and you find that what you have bought from us isn’t quite right, then send it back and try again!
You can do this as many times as you like until you get it just right, some places will charge a re-stocking fee, we just want you to be happy, so we won’t charge you a penny; just pop it in the post with a completed returns form to the below address and we’ll send your replacement ASAP.
Get it right first time
Many of our customers buy two pairs of the same shoe a half size apart and then send back the one that doesn’t fit; if you want to do this just let us know when you order and we’ll even send you a pre-addressed mailbag to return the unwanted pair, all you’ll need to do is pay the postage; easy!
Please note, all returns must be received in the original state they were received in, should the item(s) be deemed unfit for resale and/or damaged in anyway charges may apply to your refund/credit. Should this happen all our customers will be notified via email first.
Web Returns Alexandra Sports
140 Gladys Avenue,