Xtenex Auto Lock Elastic Laces
Xtenex (indeXed-TENsioning-nEXus) is a worldwide patented elastic lace technology that produces adjustable tensioning between shoe eyelets. This technology addresses the source of footwear related pain and discomfort: lace migration. Lace migration is the gradual movement of the shoelace toward the forward bend of a shoe, which causes two main problems:
A tightening and restricting pressure at the top of the shoe. This can lead to foot fatigue, pain, numbness and restriction of natural foot swelling. It loosens the fit around the footwear’s metatarsal area, which causes increased slipping and reduction of forward foot stabilisation. This can produce heat friction, which often leads to painful blisters.
Xtenex laces have an elastic core and a series of knots along the entire length of the lace at consistent length intervals. Stretch the lace and the knots disappear, allowing you to thread the lace through the eyelets. Release the tension and the knots reappear. More knots between eyelets lessens the tension; fewer knots between eyelets increases tension. This technology enhances footwear fit, comfort and performance through its many advantages.
The X300 series elastic shoelaces fit ANY shoe that has an eyelet size of approximately 3 to 4 mm. They are a perfect choice for most activities involving normal foot movement; from everyday wear to running. These elastic laces are a favourite in athletic shoes, hybrid golf shoes, casual shoes, senior shoes, children's shoes and ANY shoe type imaginable. You can find the best elastic lace for your shoes by counting your eyelet pairs.
The X300 is the flagship product of the XTENEX XLace lineup. These were the laces worn by Jan Frodeno (Gold Medallist) and Simon Whitfield (Silver Medallist) during the 2008 Olympic Triathlon in Beijing, China.
- Expands During Natural Foot Swelling - And eliminates foot compression.
- The Lace Does Not Slip - The knots maintain the original fit by restricting involuntary lace movement through the eyelets; increasing comfort and keeping the foot stable in the footbed.
- Eliminates “Dual-Compression Impact” - (impact #1 = shoe sole hits ground / impact #2 = foot hits foot bed of shoe).
- Enhanced Lateral Stabilisation - Is achieved by increasing the tension along the left or right side of a shoe upper. This helps to stabilise and support the foot within the footbed while enhancing footwear and foot care technologies such as orthotics, arch supports and insole technologies.
- Asymmetrical Lacing - The shoe upper can be moulded to the natural non-symmetric form of the foot by independently adjusting the tension between each set of eyelets. The unique ability to have different tension zones along the entire lacing system results in a custom fit every time.
- No Plastic Pieces are Needed
- A Lace Shoe is Made Into a Slip-On - Never tie your shoelaces again!