adidas Solar Glide 5 Running Shoes
An extra run squeezed in at lunch. An added mile to your daily loop. However you go about boosting mileage, these adidas shoes give you the comfort to keep up. They offer an energised ride thanks to a flexible outsole that works with the responsive feel of Boost. Plus, they strike the perfect balance of breathability and support to keep you going. An EVA Rail helps guide the foot, and a heel split reduces irritation at the Achilles.
Engineered Mesh Upper
Constructed using Primegreen, the engineered mesh upper will encase each foot in breathable comfort. The mesh acts as a lightweight second skin, providing a supportive and comfortable fit. Its perforated construction allows air to fully permeate the entire upper, letting your feet breathe when the temperature starts to rise or your training session heats up.
Flexibility is also achieved through the mesh, which allows for optimal, unrestricted movement. A lace-up front provides a snug and secure fit, uniting with the adaptive upper to reduce in-shoe slippage so that you can enjoy smooth, distraction-free strides. The Fit Counter, a moulded heel counter, helps to secure the rearfoot whilst allowing for freer movement of the Achilles. A Solar Fitwing tongue extends down around the foot to create a firm, supportive feel for enhanced stability on every adventure.
Dual-Density Boost Midsole
adidas Boost provides superior and responsive cushioning for maximum energy return. Made of TPU that has been blown into thousands of small energy capsules, Boost's unique cell structure stores and unleashes energy more efficiently with every stride you take.
It also manages to maintain its special function and bounce in conditions as low as -20 degrees, making it a reliable, durable and hard-to-beat midsole. The midsole is dual-density; higher-density Boost resides on the medial side to help curb pronation, reducing the risk of injury plus promoting a smooth and efficient transition through the gait cycle. The symmetrical Solar Propulsion Rail works with Boost to increase stability, for a smoother and more efficient run.
The midfoot Torsion System exists to let the forefoot and rearfoot move independently; the result is protection, control and an easy heel-to-toe transition. A StretchWeb outsole flexes naturally underfoot for an extra-energised ride. Made from highly durable Continental rubber, StretchWeb lowers the amount of pressure that is generated during the footstrike. It, therefore, lessens the impact on your feet, minimising the risk of injury and improving performance whilst offering extraordinary multi-surface grip. Elevate your every run, in the adidas Solar Glide 5.
- Engineered mesh upper - Provides flexible and breathable comfort.
- Lace closure system - Provides a snug and secure fit.
- Fit Counter - Secures the rearfoot whilst allowing for optimal movement of the Achilles.
- Solar Fitwing tongue - Extends down around the foot for a supportive feel.
- Boost midsole - Lightweight and responsive underfoot cushioning.
- Dual-density medial midsole - Helps to curb pronation for a more efficient transition.
- Solar Propulsion Rail - Helps to support and guide the foot.
- Torsion System - Lightweight arch support that allows the forefoot and rearfoot to move independently for a more stable ride.
- Stretchweb outsole - Flexes underfoot for an energised ride.
- Continental rubber - Extraordinary grip in wet and dry conditions.
- Primegreen - Constructed using recycled materials.
- Heel - 32 mm
- Forefoot - 22mm
- Midsole Drop - 10 mm
- Weight - 317g