Garmin Forerunner 935 Running Watch
Garmin Forerunner 935 is top of the range multisport watch by Garmin and replaces the Forerunner 920XT. The newest Forerunner 935 has a completely new design with a round watch case instead of the earlier editions of Garmin’s multisport watches that have a square case. Garmin Forerunner 935 finally has the wrist-based heart rate monitor that all the other watches in the Forerunner family have. Forerunner 935 is a bit like Fenix 5 in several ways since they use the same software and the optical heart rate monitor that is almost level with the backside of the watch is the same.
- Directly replaces the Forerunner 920XT.
- Garmin Forerunner 935 is the newest watch by Garmin for multisport and is suited for triathlon and duathlon. It now has a wrist-based heart rate monitor with the newest optical monitor that is almost level with the backside of the watch.
- The watch now supports Bluetooth Smart, so that you can always connect it to an external heart rate or watt monitor.
- Forerunner 935 can be used for running, biking, and swimming individually. It also has a triathlon activity that collects swimming, biking, running, and switches in one activity profile.
- Forerunner 935 is, in short, a Fenix 5 in a cheaper and lighter edition. It also has activity profiles such as trekking, climbing, rowing, stand up paddling, and skiing pre-installed.
- Forerunner 935 now has 64 colours in its display (16 colours on the Forerunner 920XT), which makes a noticeable difference for the contrast. The colours are incredibly sharp even in strong sunlight.
Forerunner 935 is supplied with an optical heart rate monitor on the back of the watch so that your heart rate is measured directly in your wrist. The watch can thereby track your heart rate, stress, sleep, and activities 24/7. The optical sensor sends out a beam of light through your skin, reading your heart rate in your bloodstream at your wrist.
Forerunner 935 works like a biking computer that shows you all the data and training functions you need when you are out biking. It can show you your speed, kilometres, average speed, lap time, heart rate data either from the wrist-based monitor or an external monitor (Garmin HRM, HRM-RUN, or HRM-TRI). You have the option of setting up the watch with many different pages and data fields. You can also view your cadence, average cadence, watt-number (cadence and watts are additional purchases). The only thing you do not get with your watch is a map and navigation.
Forerunner 935 both measures your swimming in pools and open water. The watch shows you all the data you need. In the pool, you can easily change the pool-size on your watch. The watch shows you distance, speed, strokes, and much more.
If you use the HRM-SWIM heart rate strap when you swim, it will collect and store your heart rate data. After you have finished the activity, you can view your data in the overview on the watch and in Garmin Connect. (HRM-SWIM heart rate monitor strap is an additional purchase).
The watch uses GPS/GLONASS to track your distance in open water, while it collects your data about strokes, speed, etc.
GPS / GLONASS
With the built-in EXO antenna, your watch can use the Russian satellites (GLONASS), which provides increased accuracy and a faster connection (down to 10 seconds to connect) and is less sensitive to tall buildings and dense woods. It also gives a clear advantage out on open water, making it markedly more accurate.
CONNECT IQ APPS
With Garmin IQ apps, you can download all kinds of apps and WatchFaces to your watch, letting you personalize your watch. You can change the height measurer, get an analogue clock face, and much more.
You can download Garmin’s app FACE IT for your smartphone and personalize your watch by using a personal photo as your background/wallpaper and then choose which type of clock and data fields you want shown.
Garmin Forerunner 935 is your daily activity tracker. Let Forerunner 935 track your day to see how active you are. If you are too still, the watch tells you that it is “time to move.” Forerunner 935 can also track your sleeping rhythm, and you can easily check it in Garmin Connect.
Forerunner 935 counts your steps and converts it to kilometers and calories. If the optical heart rate monitor is on, you will also get a 4-hour overview of your daily heart rate.
SMART NOTIFICATIONS AND LIVETRACK
Read messages on your watch, see who calls, and get push messages. It is possible to connect your watch to your smartphone through Bluetooth and get information quickly when you are on the road, without having to pull out your phone. (Requires an iPhone 4S or newer, or a Samsung S3 or newer).
Through Bluetooth, you can also turn on LiveTrack, so that people can follow you on your run, whether you are training or at a competition (you then must carry your phone with you).
SELECTED FUNCTIONS IN THE WATCH:
- Daily activity measurer
- Calorie counter
- Automatic data transfer to computer or app
- Built-in heart rate monitor
- Heart rate zones
- VO2-max estimation
- Training effect
- Vibrating alarm
- Multisport (triathlon / duathlon)
- Virtual Partner
- Virtual Racer
- Speed / time / distance alarm
- Speed calculator
- Running cadence (additional purchase)
- Barometric elevation measurer
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Recovery recommendations
- Personal records
- Smart notifications
- Training planner
- Weather warnings
- Strava Live segments