Mizuno Wave Equate 5 Running Shoes
This re-designed all-rounder brings you moderate support and comfort for everyday runs. Featuring a new upper design for enhanced support and fit.
Using Mizuno's developed technology, the upper is made using AIRmesh. This ultra-lightweight material allows the shoe to maintain a high standard of breathability and comfort. A steady airflow enters and exits the shoe, which works to keep the feet feeling fresh and cool. With Mizuno's integrated DynamotionFit technology, the shoe is tailored to have a glove-like fit. The engineering of it means that it also adapts to your gait cycle, again making it feel personalised.
Mizuno Wave Midsole
Mizuno's wave technology is embedded into the midsole to provide flexibility in one direction and support in the other. The midsole technology works to absorb the shock of heel striking without compromising the comfort or cushioning. Once the shock has been absorbed the energy from that is harnessed and is then transferred to the forefoot to then push you off and guide you onto the next movement. The wave prevents partial deformation and provides dynamic support to stabilise and guide the foot forward.
A Pebax powered wave plate ensures lightweight energy return whilst U4icX absorbs impact for the smoothest ride possible. For additional comfort, the unique compound, U4ic is used in the midsole which rides and cushions like Mizuno's AP+ midsole but is approximately 30% lighter without any loss of comfort or performance. The balance between cushioning and stability is at the core of every running shoe.
Finishing off the midsole is Mizuno Intercool which is a full-length midsole ventilation system to reduce heat and humidity build-up inside the footwear. This helps to improve the atmosphere when running, lessening the distraction or discomfort provided by hot air.
The midsole and outsole technologies work together with SmoothRide technology to provide a fluid, rocking-chair-like transition. As the foot hits the ground, SmoothRide Engineering kicks in with heel flex grooves promoting a natural back-to-front movement.
The forefoot flex grooves and flex controllers then work together to continue the smooth forward motion resulting in an efficient fluid motion that allows runners to harness their power. The outsole is made with X10 which is the most durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear in high impact areas and supplements traction at heel strike.
This helps to lessen the impact placed on the knees and joints, allowing for a more comfortable ride as well as optimising gait efficiency. The outsole also ensures maximum grip and traction for a firm, assured footing so you can run with confidence and push yourself to the limit, time and time again.
- AIRmesh - Allows each running shoe from Mizuno to maintain a high standard of breathability and comfort of the upper.
- DynomotionFit Technology Tailored fit works with foot shape and gait.
- Mizuno Wave - Provides both cushioning and stability and can be engineered for all types of runners.
- Pebax Powered - Ensures lightweight energy return.
- U4icX - Delivers stress-free cushioned rides with high rebounds.
- U4ic - 30% lighter without any loss of comfort or performance.
- Mizuno Intercool - Reduces heat and humidity build-up.
- SmoothRide - Minimises rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition.
- X10 Outsole - The most durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear in high impact areas.
- Weight - 250g.