Mizuno Wave Horizon 4 Running Shoes
Experience a ride with extreme and premium softness with the Mizuno Wave Horizon 4 Running Shoes. With innovative XPOP foam and Mizuno Foam Wave, extreme response and cushioning will allow you to push yourself further than ever before.
Using Mizuno's developed technology, the upper is made using AIRmesh. This ultra-lightweight material allows the shoe to maintain a high standard of breathability and comfort in the upper. A steady airflow enters and exits the shoe, which works to keep the feet feeling fresh and cool.
With Mizuno's integrated DynamotionFit technology, the shoe is tailored to have a glove-like fit. The engineering of it means that it also adapts to your gait cycle, again making it feel personalised. Strategically located in the midfoot area of the shoe is the AeroHug mesh which wraps around the foot for a comfortable, secure fit in the arch area. This two-layer construction fits and holds the foot in a sock-like fit for maximum comfort.
The AeroHug technology makes a crucial difference to your entire running cycle by eliminating the space between the foot and shoe. A traditional lacing system will allow you to secure the shoe to a comfortable and personalised fit. A soft and padded ankle collar reduces the risk of irritation being caused by rubbing and chafing. Offering direct next to skin comfort, the shoe has a soft insole which will over time mould to the shape of your feet for a personalised cushion.
XPOP PU Foam Midsole
Featuring a new and innovative cushioning combination the XPOP PU Foam and Mizuno Foam Wave deliver unprecedented cushioning and a floating feel for the plushest ride yet. The new midsole XPOP compound combines cushioning, rebound, and durability at a superior level. The ultra-soft cushioning delivers a high energy return for an incredibly cushioned and responsive ride that will have you feeling like you're floating on water.
Combined with the Mizuno Wave midsole, the Wave Horizon 4 will guarantee both cushioning and stability, keeping you in comfortable control when out running. The Wave's unique shape will absorb all energy from the strike of the foot on the pavements, where it is then dispersed. This will protect the feet from heavy impacts, as well as adding stability by spreading the energy. The midsole also has U4ic and U4ic X, a unique compound developed by Mizuno which will provide you with high comfort and performance.
This will mean that you will have a soft and cushioned landing on every step that you take. The compound is also extremely lightweight, which will help to keep the overall weight of the shoe down. Within the midsole, the Wave Horizon 4 has the Mizuno Intercool system. This will solve the problem of heat and humidity build-up by incorporating a full-length ventilation system in the sole of the shoe, that will remove heat and humidity through the channels. For assistance and protection to the feet during acceleration and deceleration, the shoe uses SmoothRide. This will mean that all transitions will feel extremely smooth, helping you to restore energy and prevent injuries from occurring.
The outsole is made with X10 which is the most durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear in high impact areas and supplements traction at heel strike. This helps to lessen the impact placed on the knees and joints, allowing for a more comfortable ride as well as optimising gait efficiency. The outsole also ensures maximum grip and traction for a firm, assured footing so you can run with confidence and push yourself to the limit, time and time again.
- AIRmesh - Allows each running shoe from Mizuno to maintain a high standard of breathability and comfort of the upper.
- DynomotionFit Technology Tailored fit works with foot shape and gait.
- AeroHug - Provides optimum comfort and a secured fit.
- Traditional Lacing - Secure the shoes comfortably.
- Padded Tongue - A padded tongue and ankle collar will reduce the risk of irritation caused by rubbing and chafing.
- Insole - Provides personalised comfort over a long period of time.
- XPOP PU Foam - Unprecedented cushioning with high energy rebound and enhanced durability.
- Mizuno Foam Wave - Disperses energy on impact for increased stability.
- U4ic and U4ic X Compound - High comfort and performance and an ultra-light weight.
- Mizuno Wave Intercool - Full-length ventilation system to combat heat and humidity.
- SmoothRide - Tackles in-shoe movement and offers assistance and protection during acceleration and deceleration.
- X-10 Carbon Rubber - Extremely durable grip with longer wear in high impact areas.
- Heel Stack Height - 32mm
- Heel to Toe Drop - 22mm
- Weight - 280g