Mizuno Wave Inspire 16 Running Shoes
Your everyday go-to shoe has just had an upgrade, this moderate support shoe delivers dynamic cushioning. In addition, an updated upper will allow more stretch and support than previously.
Constructed using an AIRmesh upper, the Wave Inspire 15 provides the utmost in breathability and comfort. Ensuring a constant airflow, the newly designed upper keeps you cooler and drier for longer, especially during tough runs. The engineered mesh ensure you remain cool, dry and comfortable at all times.
With Mizuno's integrated DynamotionFit technology, the Wave Inspire 15 is tailored to fit like a glove, it works to adapt to the gait cycle allowing for a more personalised fit and feel as you strive for new pb's. Over the toes, there is a guard which will provide protection from any heavy bumps or knocks that you may receive when out running. A traditional lacing system makes it easy to secure for a comfortable fit. As well as this, a soft and padded tongue and ankle collar will reduce the risk of irritation caused by rubbing and chafing.
Mizuno Wave Midsole
Mizuno's wave technology is embedded into the midsole to provide flexibility in one direction and support in the other. The midsole technology works to absorb the shock of heel striking without compromising the comfort or cushioning. Once the shock has been absorbed the energy from that is harnessed and is then transferred to the forefoot to then push you off and guide you onto the next movement.
The wave prevents partial deformation and provides dynamic support to stabilise and guide the foot forward. U4icX absorbs impact for the smoothest ride possible. For additional comfort, the unique compound, U4ic is used in the midsole which rides and cushions like Mizuno's AP+ midsole but is approximately 30% lighter without any loss of comfort or performance.
Finishing off the midsole is Mizuno Intercool which is a full-length midsole ventilation system to reduce heat and humidity build-up inside the footwear. This helps to improve the atmosphere when running, lessening the distraction or discomfort provided by hot air. Lastly, a premium insock provides ultimate comfort, cushioning and durability.
The midsole and outsole technologies work together with SmoothRide technology to provide a fluid, rocking-chair-like transition. As the foot hits the ground, SmoothRide Engineering kicks in with heel flex grooves promoting a natural back-to-front movement. The forefoot flex grooves and flex controllers then work together to continue the smooth forward motion resulting in an efficient fluid motion that allows runners to harness their power.
The outsole is made with X10 which is the most durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear in high impact areas and supplements traction at heel strike. This helps to lessen the impact placed on the knees and joints, allowing for a more comfortable ride as well as optimising gait efficiency. The outsole also ensures maximum grip and traction for a firm, assured footing so you can run with confidence and push yourself to the limit, time and time again.
- AIRmesh - Allows each running shoe from Mizuno to maintain a high standard of breathability and comfort of the upper.
- DynamotionFit - Improved fit and freedom of movement.
- Toe Guard - Covering the toes is a protective guard.
- Traditional Lacing - Easy to secure to a comfortable fit lacing.
- Padded Tongue and Ankle Collar - Reduced risk of irritation caused by rubbing and chafing.
- Mizuno Wave Technology - Redirects impact forces away from the foot, whilst also offering superb cushioning and stability.
- U4iC - Cushioning compound which maintains lightweight, effective cushioning through the gait cycle, in a format that is 30% lighter than the previous AP+ midsole technology.
- U4icX - Delivers a more comfortable cushioned ride with higher rebound.
- Premium Insock - For optimal fit and comfort.
- SmoothRide - Helps to create the smoothest ride possible.
- X10 - Allows for longer wear in high impact areas.
- Weight - 285g.